HeCares4u.com
News: HeCares4u.com Forum ~  Welcome to our Christian Messageboard

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Oct 20 2019 06:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BibleGateway  HeCares4u.com    
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Sea Scrolls in English!  (Read 2650 times)
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

Blessing: 216

« on: Sep 25 2015 03:16:09 PM »

Hi Peg,

Progress report, The book you recommended is I gather not available in England just now but I have not given up on it just yet!!!....!

The good news is for starters I have bought "The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English by Geza Vermes,  Seventh Edition, Penguin Classics, Fiftieth Anniversary Edition 2011, London,  interesting there abouts it has a footnote in the copyright,  "Except in the United States of America???....?"  The dust has not yet settled it seems even if some are with the LORD and dust themselves.

Seven hundred pages, with these books length I don't know whether to read it or dust it???....?  It holds a stack of knowledge on such things as the Apocalyptic writings at Qumran.  Prince Melchizedek, Enoch and Michael laying down the law to the angels listening etc.

This specialization of the Scrolls around The Biblical ones leaves me with the next target, I will re check Amazon. And I am exploring where to find the biblical books with the English.  Emanuel Tov, appears to be the next port of call.  Will keep you informed,  any further suggestion perhaps???....?

Yours In The Creators Name,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

The LORD, Isaiah, Isaiah.1:18 ESV.

Jesus, John, John 3:3 ESV.

Jesus, John, John 3:16-18 ESV.

The LORD, Isaiah, Isaiah 55:12 KJV.

Blessed are you when people hate you... Jesus, Luke 6:22-23 ESV.
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Blessing: 452

Awards:

« Reply #1 on: Sep 25 2015 09:16:16 PM »

Hi Peg,

Progress report, The book you recommended is I gather not available in England just now but I have not given up on it just yet!!!....!

The good news is for starters I have bought "The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English by Geza Vermes,  Seventh Edition, Penguin Classics, Fiftieth Anniversary Edition 2011, London,  interesting there abouts it has a footnote in the copyright,  "Except in the United States of America???....?"  The dust has not yet settled it seems even if some are with the LORD and dust themselves.

Seven hundred pages, with these books length I don't know whether to read it or dust it???....?  It holds a stack of knowledge on such thinks as the Apocalyptic writings at Qumran.  Prince Melchizedek, Enoch and Michael laying down the law to the angels listening etc.

This specialization of the Scrolls around The Biblical ones leaves me with the next target, I will re check Amazon. And I am exploring where to find the biblical books with the English.  Emanuel Tov, appears to be the next port of call.  Will keep you informed,  any further suggestion perhaps???....?

Yours In The Creators Name,

Colin2000.

Lets compare notes between our resources.  Maybe froggie will allow us to scan some stuff and post. 

If you still can't get the book in the UK, how about I send it to you for Christmas

Follow the way of the Nazarene (MIN)
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25 2015 09:18:04 PM »

Think Olivet and RA will like to join in, they did some discussions in the past on the archaeological sites of Qumran.  "Ed Norton" school of archaeology discussing the foods diet and stuff also.

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25 2015 09:23:46 PM »

Collin,

Review the Qumran calendars first, don't need to be an expert, just be familiar with them.  With understanding the calendar systems used you won't be able to understand the liturgy.   

If anyone else wants to join it and don't have resources, I can provided the codex number and scroll title,  and we can see if we can find them online for you.. 

If you want to review the shared passages from the liturgy and New Testament works I have that cross index listing I just need to type it.

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26 2015 07:10:42 AM »

Hi Peg.,

Thankyou for your concern and will come back to you here also.  Ruth might like to pin this one to the Keifers Korner  so it is dedicated to The Scroll's on here at the top of the Thread Menu for convenience.

An aside, I have American computer protection with Norton and Anonymizer which means that the computer IP. No. thinks I live in Santiago, is that San Diego perhaps, that might account for Amazon in dollars rather than Sterling with everything else.

But now back to what matters the actual Scroll's themselves.  The Calendar, always important anchor point of course.

Without hurrying anybody here, yours in His Name,

Colin2000.

PS.  I use my Septuagint, LXX., as an authority reference point as well and wonder just what effect it had on The Scrolls perhaps???....?

"Jesus is Lord!"

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26 2015 07:18:38 PM »

Hi Peg.,

Thankyou for your concern and will come back to you here also.  Ruth might like to pin this one to the Keifers Korner  so it is dedicated to The Scroll's on here at the top of the Thread Menu for convenience.

An aside, I have American computer protection with Norton and Anonymizer which means that the computer IP. No. thinks I live in Santiago, is that San Diego perhaps, that might account for Amazon in dollars rather than Sterling with everything else.

But now back to what matters the actual Scroll's themselves.  The Calendar, always important anchor point of course.

Without hurrying anybody here, yours in His Name,

Colin2000.

PS.  I use my Septuagint, LXX., as an authority reference point as well and wonder just what effect it had on The Scrolls perhaps???....?

The Greek LXX was also found at Qumran, cave 8....
You also had paleo Hebrew, what they call Qumran Hebrew, biblical Hebrew, and Aramaic

The Greek is more closely aligned to Qumran scripture codexs by 70% compared to the later Masoretic.

There are a whole bunch of calendars also. You have the Enochian of course, but you also have the book of Jubilees, priestly calendars for rotation duties, new moons, Jubilee cycles of heavenly signs ( multiple 294 year cycles).  They also added Jubilees differently and we aren't sure why they did it.   First week of creation they didn't know how long it was, and marked the first they they could observe time was on Wednesday. First full week of time was the second week, days of Adam.
Time was Holy, heavens Holy, a week could not be broken, thus the inter-calculation of time with lunar and solar with Enochen. Jubilees addresses the different methods of time used from Adam to Sinai when the calendar is changed.

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26 2015 09:24:02 PM »

Hi Peg.

Yes it may be time soon to think on how The Moon more than the calendar of the Sun is used to count time.  The Sacred, Holiness held by the pious Jew regards time itself.

Sacred Time, the nuts and bolts of Time Counting', held as a need to know where the Hebrew stood in time parallel with his religious practice???....?

May have something to do with the fact that we can look upon the face of the moon without going blind and eyes fried perhaps.  An echo of this in the Hebrew religion where we are warned not to look into the eyes of God, nor on His face.  Moses standing in the Presence of God and is bleached as white as snow.

On time we relate to the moon  and rely on others/God correcting our drift in the calendar found in the Sun, even today plus the actual linear time against actual time, example, one day is not twenty-four hours. We need a leap year day to correct the years date.

But it would be good to be able to quote Qumran in our understanding accurately between Holy Scripture and Qumran perhaps too.

Yours in His Name,

Colin2000.

PS.  I have found a way to buy that book Peg. so lets see what happens over the next couple of weeks or so.  Xmas need not be a little early this year but thanks anyway.

"Jesus is Lord!"

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08 2015 12:26:12 AM »

Hi Peg.,

Just an update re that book,  it is flapping it's wings mid Atlantic at the moment, longest time period is 15.10.15 before arrival on my doorstep!!!....!

All is not lost, mind you I think I need a stronger flash light in the waiting,

Yesterday and today are Flu symptoms days, a runny nose and aches and pains, but I am not sure that Qumran will help me on that one???....?

I am sure that the wait is to the LORD'S good rather than mine,

Yours in His Name,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08 2015 01:44:34 AM »

Flu season, hate it... Feel it coming on myself.

olivet
20k Millenial Member

Blessing: 911

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08 2015 06:08:44 AM »

runny nose, aches and pains, mild fever here, need a lot of Vit C, powder the better, enters the blood stream immediately, lots of praying too thumbsup thumbsup

Maranatha
Ruth Ann
Global Moderator

Blessing: 1140

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: Oct 08 2015 03:30:39 PM »

I thought something was wrong. Missed you, Colin!
Eat keto!! (Low carb, high fat) The immune system is boosted and inflamation goes away! The bad inflamation.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, Oh, no! Shes awake!
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 08 2015 04:18:55 PM »

Hi Ruth,

Runny nose running like a tap,  cold shivering etc. head heavier than usual.  The stupid question Ruth. 

"What is  Keto???....?"

Good one Olivet, I shall go and overdose on Vit. C  got some on a shelf in the old lab.

Colin2000.

PS. But isn't Jesus wonderful put the central heating on today and a miracle it worked!!!....!

"Jesus is Lord!"

Ruth Ann
Global Moderator

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08 2015 06:00:16 PM »

Ketogenic diet is VERY low carbohydrate (only 30 gms or less) which requires your body to switch from carb produced energy to ketone produced energy. I've been in metabolic ketosis for almost 2 years. My arthritis pain is gone. Used to take ibuprofen every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day. And I feel great! Haven't been sick in that entire time either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09 2015 05:39:53 AM »

Hi Ruth,

Yet another good one you are getting me into!!!....!

How did you find the Gluttonise diet conflict with this one I wonder.

Bringing home the bacon perhaps,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

Ruth Ann
Global Moderator

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09 2015 03:54:32 PM »

Not sure what you mean by glutonise diet.

The ketogenic diet is 30 grams or less of carbohydrate. (CHO)

Low carb diets are with up to 60 grams of carbs and no gluten. No wheat, rye or barley along with a few other grains. But grains are not necesary in any diet.

Ketogenic diets were found to improve life for infants/children who had epilepsy back in the early 1900's. Even today people use this diet to make their babies seizure free! It's amazing!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Jia_2HAp0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Jia_2HAp0</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: