HeCares4u.com
News: HeCares4u.com ~ Remember to tell your friends about us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Oct 15 2019 08:05:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BibleGateway  HeCares4u.com    
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Sea Scrolls in English, Well nearly English III!  (Read 7806 times)
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

Blessing: 216

« on: Oct 09 2015 08:25:35 PM »

Hi All,

Peg. got my copy of the Dead Sea Scroll's today but silly me I attempted to download Windows 10.  useless and I have dumpt it for Windows eight, like a moth to the flame everytime I attempt to bring Windows uptodate???....?

I don't really need Ten anyway when you have got Desktop!!!....!

Never mind set this one up to allow us to explore The Scrolls tomorrow with a fresh start so Peg. and who else, where should we stare to discuss this one???....?

But isn't Jesus wonderful between the sneezes.  Did you know that my sneeze just sounds like a Russian Viking with a head cold,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

The LORD, Isaiah, Isaiah.1:18 ESV.

Jesus, John, John 3:3 ESV.

Jesus, John, John 3:16-18 ESV.

The LORD, Isaiah, Isaiah 55:12 KJV.

Blessed are you when people hate you... Jesus, Luke 6:22-23 ESV.
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Blessing: 452

Awards:

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10 2015 02:46:06 AM »

I think Ruth Ann and Olivet will be joining us, we will be taking the lead on some of this since we have copies. We can post to links online to allow others to join in. 

Would recommend looking over the calendars... Dr. Wise wrote a very good into that section.  Since all the liturgy is based on the calendars...

Follow the way of the Nazarene (MIN)
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10 2015 05:14:17 AM »

Hi Peg. and All,

I have deliberately put this thread into Keifers Corner so that the stranger at our gates can have easy access to it as well as fellow travellers in Christ and not the presence of evil,  secular evil???....?

So Calendars, as the frame work of this Thread of thought perhaps for starters???....?

Yours All in His wonderful Name the Name of Jesus Christ Our LORD,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

olivet
20k Millenial Member

Blessing: 911

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10 2015 08:40:19 AM »

Hacking, sputtering, sneezing, coughing all nite brought me to the Pond thumbsup

Maranatha
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11 2015 06:12:08 AM »

Hi Peg. and All,

I have deliberately put this thread into Keifers Corner so that the stranger at our gates can have easy access to it as well as fellow travellers in Christ and not the presence of evil,  secular evil???....?

So Calendars, as the frame work of this Thread of thought perhaps for starters???....?

Yours All in His wonderful Name the Name of Jesus Christ Our LORD,

Colin2000.

Sounds good!

Ruth Ann
Global Moderator

Blessing: 1140

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11 2015 10:39:11 PM »

I think Ruth Ann and Olivet will be joining us, we will be taking the lead on some of this since we have copies. We can post to links online to allow others to join in. 

Would recommend looking over the calendars... Dr. Wise wrote a very good into that section.  Since all the liturgy is based on the calendars...

Of course we'll join in!

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, Oh, no! Shes awake!
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17 2015 09:33:09 PM »

Hi All,

Still reading the Introduction of The Dead Sea Scrolls amongst other distractions and am coming to the conclusion that Rome and Protestantism was not the first sub-group in Christianity to fracture and form divisions within it's own ranks.

The influence of Sadducees and possible Pharisees influence these writings plus the various written language tending to put other versions of Judaism into how when I remember that I have read somewhere that Christianity was one of twenty-three different sects of Judaism around the time of Jesus walking the dusty earth of Israel???....?

I will probably come back to this when I am further into this book by Wise, Abegg Jr. and Cook.  I can not say that I am surprised, and guess that that is probably why Jesus called out twelve Apostles out of His disciples to carry the Message he has for us to the peoples of the World itself.

Yours in His Holy and unshaken WORD,

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

olivet
20k Millenial Member

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17 2015 11:19:21 PM »

One major shift was the Schism between creating Orthodox Christianity in 1213.  The theology is an understanding over the Filioque, but it was bound to happen, it was nigh impossible to communicate by horseback between Rome and Constantinople through dangerous pagan terrain inbetween.  As I understand it in modern terms, a messenger was sent to Constantinople from Rome who got into a row with the doorman in Constantinople, they resolved the issue by excommunicating one another,so these two created the Schism. yes

Maranatha
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19 2015 12:58:56 AM »

Hi All,

Still reading the Introduction of The Dead Sea Scrolls amongst other distractions and am coming to the conclusion that Rome and Protestantism was not the first sub-group in Christianity to fracture and form divisions within it's own ranks.

The influence of Sadducees and possible Pharisees influence these writings plus the various written language tending to put other versions of Judaism into how when I remember that I have read somewhere that Christianity was one of twenty-three different sects of Judaism around the time of Jesus walking the dusty earth of Israel???....?

I will probably come back to this when I am further into this book by Wise, Abegg Jr. and Cook.  I can not say that I am surprised, and guess that that is probably why Jesus called out twelve Apostles out of His disciples to carry the Message he has for us to the peoples of the World itself.

Yours in His Holy and unshaken WORD,

Colin2000.

Judaism was VERY VERY diverse in those days.....   Galilee was the Bible belt in those days.  Many proclaiming themselves Messiah.  Three man schools of thought, are the Sadducee, Pharisee and Essene.   Something happened during or shortly after the Maccabees revolt which caused a great schism, dividing the priesthood (Sadducee vs. Essene) and Pharisee's walking out to do their own thing outside the temple.  Pharisee and Sadducee divisions lead to civil wars during the Hasmonean period prior to Herodian and Roman rule.

Is the "Teacher of Righteousness" related to this schism? Very possible.  What is known the book of Jubilees is a Pharisee work, and based on the Enochen calendar, found also at Qumran.  So at some point these folks had been on the same system of time, and religious feasts....    It was a real mess by the time Jesus was born.

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19 2015 01:02:37 AM »

Schisms, and heretical sects plagued the early church, Saint John was asked by the bishops of Asia-minor to compose his gospel to rebuke the heresy being spread by some Jews and gentiles.  Love the Gospel of John it speaks in the Two ways found in Qumran, very possible the calendar system was Enochen.   Got a wonder who he was rebuking? Essene converts? Ebonites?

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19 2015 01:11:47 AM »

Issue I have with Israel is genetic research, the Orthodox have big influence.  Thou Shall Not DNA test Old Bones....

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19 2015 05:17:15 AM »

Hi Peg.,

Yes, I agree with your posts above, the problem is the echo's here of Christ's message in the Essen's soundly based on Loving-kindness above and based on Talmudic Law rather than Jesus standing with His Hand out to the taxman, thief and philanderer.

When I say Shema in private prayer I find that I have forgotten the Second Great Commandment of Jesus,  He did not give us just one and passed by Love Thy Neighbour.  I strongly suspect that I will find as I get deeper into the activity / study of The Scrolls that Torah first and love your Neighbour a not so close second.

Bearing in mind that Christianity is based on Christ and not just Torah but Torah's foundations are exposed for what they are in Judaism, Love Yahweh and your neighbour as equal as it is possible in a fast approaching pagan society that we find ourselves living in.

Yours in His wonderful Name and Promise of Salvation,

Colin2000.

PS I have noted here that it is wise to read this book with a note book close to hand for future reference and here!!!....!

"Jesus is Lord!"

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19 2015 05:34:09 AM »

Issue I have with Israel is genetic research, the Orthodox have big influence.  Thou Shall Not DNA test Old Bones....

I believe you have a problem with stone age red Indians today concerning human remains and DNA.  The study of Ancient bones before they turn back to what they were, dust.

Just an aside here after I have just read that Leicester University have just pushed back our knowledge by 15,000 years with their flint tools accompanying them, makes Richard III look modern.

Yours in the Name of Jesus Christ the 'Yahad', Unity in One, The Dead Sea Scrolls, Wise, Abegg Jr, & Cook, HarperCollins, 2005, new York, page 13.

Colin2000.

"Jesus is Lord!"

olivet
20k Millenial Member

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19 2015 05:54:55 AM »

Colin

Read the Maccabees, 1&2 absolutely necessary and Tobit yes

Maranatha
Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19 2015 11:46:27 AM »

Hi Olivet,

Already read them why???....? Have you got something in mind Olivet, also 3 & 4Maccabee are in part in the time of the Scrolls I believe.

Yours in His Name,

Colin2000.

PS.  I like The Jerusalem Bible we use it all the time in Church but I also like NRSV (Anglican edition with Apocrypha)  it might be worth a reread in this New Catholic Bible as well.

"Jesus is Lord!"

olivet
20k Millenial Member

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #15 on: Oct 19 2015 12:36:49 PM »

Colin

Sorry about Maccabees 3,4 laugh laugh :laugh4:Interruptions as usual yes

I love the Jerusalem Bible, but not very good for Bible study, great for prayer and meditation

Maranatha
olivet
20k Millenial Member

Awards:

Pond Princess

« Reply #16 on: Oct 19 2015 12:46:46 PM »

Colin

The menorah or 7 branched lampstand  is one of the elements of the Temple, but also the Church , as well the Holy of Holies, the laver washing, the alter(place where blood is shed), the bread and wine.  Under Pope Benedict each church was to have 3 candles on each side of the alter and a crucifix or servant candle in the middle.  Some chapels are tiny, but some churches omit the menorah theme still.  The above shows the Hebrew Jewish origins of the church. It should be very obvious!!!!!

Maranatha
pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #17 on: Oct 19 2015 07:17:51 PM »

Hi Peg.,

Yes, I agree with your posts above, the problem is the echo's here of Christ's message in the Essen's soundly based on Loving-kindness above and based on Talmudic Law rather than Jesus standing with His Hand out to the taxman, thief and philanderer.

When I say Shema in private prayer I find that I have forgotten the Second Great Commandment of Jesus,  He did not give us just one and passed by Love Thy Neighbour.  I strongly suspect that I will find as I get deeper into the activity / study of The Scrolls that Torah first and love your Neighbour a not so close second.

Bearing in mind that Christianity is based on Christ and not just Torah but Torah's foundations are exposed for what they are in Judaism, Love Yahweh and your neighbour as equal as it is possible in a fast approaching pagan society that we find ourselves living in.

Yours in His wonderful Name and Promise of Salvation,

Colin2000.

PS I have noted here that it is wise to read this book with a note book close to hand for future reference and here!!!....!

Essenes rejected "ALL" of this oral Talmudic nonsense. Being priestly from Zadokite line they are centered on that axis

The two greatest commandments Deut 6.5 and Leviticus 19.18, if one truly follows and understands those commandments the rest is merely commentary. Both Hillel and Jesus are in agreement.

613 commandments, 365 negative, 248 positive.  Add 613 equals 10.  Ten, as in the ten commandments, which themselves are written two tablets, one tablet deals with mans relationship to God, the other to mankind.  Again we see the great commandments summary of the two tablets themselves.

Torah...   

Draw a Star of David.....

Two upper corner points of the inverted triangle,  write Genesis and Exodus and the bottom point write man. 

These two books deal with Gods interaction with mankind...  Next. 
Write numbers and Deuteronomy on the bottom corners of the triangle and the top point God. 
These two books deal with mans relationship to God
In the center space write Leviticus that is for Christ. 

pegasusphm1
3k Millenial Member

Awards:

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19 2015 07:19:35 PM »

Colin

Read the Maccabees, 1&2 absolutely necessary and Tobit yes

Good history reads the Maccabees 

Colin2000
4k Millenial Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 19 2015 11:19:12 PM »

Colin

Sorry about Maccabees 3,4 laugh laugh :laugh4:Interruptions as usual yes

I love the Jerusalem Bible, but not very good for Bible study, great for prayer and meditation

This has been an awe inspiring couple of days and you Olivet have just reminded me for why.

On Sunday morning with one other I lighted the Crucifix into the Sanctuary, you know I was part of two mobile candles.  And how mobile can you get? I put my foot down on the High Altar's top step and passed the two Fathers officiating on the way down six feet at where my feet should be.

I had forgotten I was still wearing my reading glasses, wrong step, slain in the Spirit from six foot up,  interesting expression on the other Torch-bearer' face as I passed him by???....?

Did you know that as I touched the concrete step with my hip it felt like landing on an eiderdown cushion and as I said to the other six servers at the end of the Mass never felt a thing, I had my parachute with me!!!....!

The next day now yesterday I put my car under the carport and wrote my front end off on the toilet waste pipe, so now I have one surplice in the tailors for repair and it looks like I am going to have one car in to the garage to have the front bumper put back on, one never knows just what is going to happen on Tuesday, today now does one!!!.....!.

I might just put my Cassock into the tailors to have three inches taken off the bottom so that I can see my feet again when wearing it, and as 4 Maccabees starts, "The subject that I am about to discuss is most philosophical, that is, whether devout reason is sovereign over the emotions."  4 Maccabees.1:1. NRSV.

Now I wonder what The Scrolls have to say, Jesus says He loves me, 4 Maccabees.18:23-24 NRSV. says, "and  have received pure and immortal souls from God, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen???....?",

Colin2000. 

"Jesus is Lord!"

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: